TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, February 09, 2012

SERENDIPITOUS FREIGHT

******************************
******************************

I was sitting at my computer typing an e-mail when I heard the locomotive whistle.

So, I grabbed my camera and ran outside onto my balcony just in time to record this.



Two (02) CSX locomotives pull a mixed manifest freight train North on the old Louisville and Nashville Railroad tracks, just East of the crossing at Anniston Avenue, as they (probably) travel from New Orleans, Louisiana to Mobile, Alabama.

I recorded this at 1400 Hours on Thursday 09 February 2012, looking North from the balcony of my room on the third floor of the central tower of the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi, using a hand held Kodak "Easy Share" Z710 zoom lens digital camera with 7.1 megapixels of resolution.

******************************
******************************

No comments: