TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

MY BRAND NEW MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 ! ! !

******************************************************
******************************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

A couple of hours ago, I successfully downloaded and installed my brand new FREE upgrade to WINDOWS 10, which I'm now learning to use via the old reliable "by guess and by gosh!" trial and error experimentation.

My computer is a 17.3" TOSHIBA "SATELLITE" C75D-B, originally with a MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8.1 operating platform.

I found that I prefer using the INTERNET EXPLORER browser instead of the newly issued EDGE browser, because INTERNET EXPLORER gives me the option of hiding the tool bar to view web pages in "FULL SCREEN" mode, while the EDGE browser not only doesn't have that option, but even worse, permits the task bar to interfere with scrolling.

Also, unlike the EDGE browser, the INTERNET EXPLORER browser allows me to magnify web pages, so I am able to see things more easily.
I prefer using the GOOGLE search engine, which for convenience, I've made my INTERNET EXPLORER home page, rather than the newly installed default BING search engine.

I don't like the messy clutter of folders and menus that MICROSOFT furnishes in WINDOWS 10, so I deleted all of the stuff I didn't want, and have my music, documents, photographs, video recordings, and bookmarked web sites organized the way I want.

One unexpected problem I ran into was a repeated warning from my existing anti-virus program, NORTON, indicating I needed to uninstall NORTON, and then reinstall it.

However, what NORTON did NOT say, was that after removing the protection from the computer, you could NOT download and reinstall NORTON unless you PURCHASED it all over again!

Mox nix.

It turns out that MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 comes with its own anti-virus protection, i.e., WINDOWS DEFENDER, which appears to work out just fine.

The all new calculator featured as part of WINDOWS 10 is FANTASTIC!

It's well worth the effort of downloading and installing the FREE upgrade to WINDOWS 10 just to get that calculator.

This FREE upgrade to WINDOWS 10 includes an option to restore the original WINDOWS 8.1 operating platform, if selected within one (01) month.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, Esquire
Ashley Valley Shadows
Vernal, Utah  84078

******************************************************
******************************************************

No comments: