TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, January 01, 2016

MEMORIES OF ISRAEL

*************************************************************
*************************************************************
Shalom Aleichem to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:


For the best effect, please be sure and enjoy watching, in "FULL SCREEN" mode, the slide shows and the series of video recordings that I've provided in this message.



Oh, this is beautiful!

It evokes such pleasant memories of when I visited the land of Israel in August of 1971, while on a special thirty (30) day leave as a young trooper serving in the old Republic of Viet Nam with the 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles" of my beloved United States Army, one of the most inspiring moments of my life.

AAAAAND - - - ,

I'm very pleased to point out that Israel ALSO has a "101st Airborne" unit!


Nifty, huh?




Please note that upon graduation from their Basic Combat Training, each of the new Israeli soldiers is issued two (02) sacred and very special items - - - , an assault rifle and a Bible.



Oh, if ONLY we would do the same thing in our own United States Army!

Yes, upon successful completion of their Basic Combat Training, just as they do in the modern State of Israel today, each and every one of our new soldiers in our United States Army should be issued a Holy Bible and an assault rifle - - - , with the issued assault rifle to remain in his personal possession and carried with him, fully loaded, at all times and in all places.

If a common, ordinary soldier can not be trusted with that responsibility, then he shouldn't be in the United States Army, should he?

As it now stands, in the eyes of our Almighty God, we Americans, as a people and as a nation, surely are condemned by our own hand, because of contemporary social acceptance and enthusiastic promotion of abortion, infanticide, homosexuality, paedophilia, euthanasia, adultery, and outright rejection of the Bible and of Jesus, who is the Christ.

During my tour of Israel, I stayed at the Park Hotel in Tel Aviv, and was the only Christian on Jewish guided tours.


Ah, but the miraculous modern land of Israel really is a combination of the Bible - - - ,

and Hollywood ! ! !
 


If you ever get the chance, do go visit the land of Israel, and see for yourself how wonderfully inspirational it is!

"There, I was - - - ,"

___________________________


Gather 'round, my comrades
And I'll tell of the day
I boarded a plane
And flew far away.

In Viet Nam, I'd spent
Six months and a year
Living like a dog
And surrounded by fear.

So, I bid "Farewell!",
With leave orders in my hand,
As Trans World Airlines
Flew me to the Promised Land.

The Land of Israel,
The Land of the Book!
I could hardly wait
To have my first look!

After many long hours
Above the clouds we'd trod,
Trans World Airlines
Finally landed at Lod.

In Tel Aviv,
I roomed at the "Park"
And ventured forth,
Happy as a lark.

Bethlehem, Masada,
Jerusalem of Gold;
I visted them each,
And other places of old.

I met a young lady
On my guided bus tour.
Entranced by her femineness,
I thought, "Vive L' Amour!"

From Montreal, Canada,
Is where she came.
But, I was too shy
To ask her name.

All through the trip,
I watched her and stared.
She would never know
How much for her I cared.

We would never meet,
As decreed by the Fates,
For the girl went to Greece,
As I flew to the States.

I bought Yemenite jewelry for Mom,
An antique sword for myself.
Pictures of Israel
Are in albums on the shelf.

Though I'm back in Viet Nam
With my head in a whirl,
I remember Israel,
And I remember that girl.
___________________________

Todah Rabah.

John Robert Mallernee, Esquire
Ashley Valley Shadows
Vernal, Utah  84078

*************************************************************
*************************************************************

No comments: