TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

"AS OTHERS SEE US"

Greetings to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Here is an amusing item I love to refer to and share.

**********
(Seen at the annual CELTIC FESTIVAL AND HIGHLAND GAMES OF SOUTHERN MARYLAND):

"AS OTHERS SEE US"

First, there were the Scots,
Who kept the Sabbath,
And everything else
They could get their hands on.

Next, there were the Welsh,
Who prayed on their knees
And preyed on their neighbors.

Then, there were the Irish,
Who weren't exactly sure
What they wanted.
But, they were ready
To fight for it anyway.

Finally, there were the English,
Who considered themselves
A self-made people,
Thus relieving the Almighty
Of a dreadful responsibility!

AUTHOR ANONYMOUS

**********

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

" - - - the blood is strong, the heart is Highland, and we in dreams behold the Hebrides."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John:

I enjoy all your unPC 'rants' so keep up the good woik. I've been unPC all my live, even as an atheist under the real commies & assorted minions worse than those in Dante's Inferno. I am a persona non grata in my ward & stake even though I have a temple recommend.
The Lord has been called names & falsely accused, so we are in good company indeed.
The self-depricating humor of the All-British poem is refreshing.
On the other hand, all tyrants & dictators, big & small, force their armies to goosestep which doesn't project any power but makes them ridiculous.
The Czechs've had a saying during the 40 years reign of terror of the Red claw over Prague: 'Who doesn't steal (from the state), steals from his own family.' Totalitarian regimes corrupt the decent but soft people into zombies and twist the common jerks into real evil ones. I have witnessed that for 20 years. If the US doesn't wake up soon from the cancer of PC, groupthink, conformity, litigation, revisionism, illegal immigration & plain decadence at all levels it will wake up one day in ruins. The Barbarians aren't at the gates, they have always been in, like a viper on her breast.
I only hope you & I won't be around for we'd be shot as was my uncle by the SS in Prague in March 1939; a general at the age of 44. It was a mere act of preserving 'public order.'

Take care,

CzechRob

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS, in Vernal, Utah said...

Robert:

I like your postings just fine.

Keep up the good work.

Do you have a blog?

They're free.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee