TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, December 18, 2005

MOVIE CRITIQUE: "THE SOUND OF MUSIC"

***********************************
***********************************
***** WARNING!!! ***** 

This dangerously illegal and immoral subversive underground resistance message is being surreptitiously monitored by the Beaming Internet Government Broadband Radio Oscillation Telecommunications Hearing Electronic Reconnaissance (i.e., B.I.G. B.R.O.T.H.E.R.) as part of a coordinated official clandestine domestic surveillance investigation, in cooperation with the National Administration of Zealous Interrogation (i.e., N.A.Z.I.) and the Commission On Message Monitoring Investigative Electronics (i.e., C.O.M.M.I.E.).

Serious felony criminal charges are pending, with extreme penalties yet to be determined!

********************

MOVIE CRITIQUE: "THE SOUND OF MUSIC"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

As I'm typing this on Sunday 18 December 2005, one of my favorite movies is being aired on television.

"THE SOUND OF MUSIC" is the reason why some movies are better seen on the big screen in public theatres, rather than watching it on television, all alone in one's own residence.


I first saw this movie in a theatre many years ago, when I was still a teenager in Raleigh, North Carolina.

In fact, I loved the movie so much, I saw it five times in a row, until I ran out of money!

I adored the star, Julie Andrews, and wanted to marry her, but was shocked and disappointed when I was told that Julie Andrews was far older than I was.

One reason the movie must be seen on the big screen is the sensation of feeling the sudden drop as the alpine mountains sharply fall away in the opening scenes.

I remember seeing this same filming technique, with its accompanying sensation, in another major Hollywood motion picture, "MOTHER LODE", starring Charlton Heston, which is a murder mystery in British Columbia.

There too, the sensation cannot be fully appreciated unless the movie is seen on a full sized theatre screen, and not on a mere television.


Another reason for watching "THE SOUND OF MUSIC" in a public theatre, is to enjoy listening to the laughter from the audience as they react to the lines of comedy throughout the script, which you don't get when watching the same movie on television, alone in your residence.

And of course, if as I do, you sing and play guitar, you just have to learn the delightfully innocent songs featured in the movie.

I find myself all too easily able to empathize with the scenes where Captain Von Trapp is struggling to cope with the loss of personal liberty being imposed by Nazi collaborators, as that is what I see presently happening to our contemporary society in the United States of America.

What makes "THE SOUND OF MUSIC" even more wonderful is that the Von Trapp family are real people, who presently live in the United States of America, and their story is mostly true, despite ever present mocking denials by detractors.

There are invaluable truths to be learned from this movie, such as, "When God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.", and you can't use religion or school as an excuse to avoid facing life's problems.

Thank you. 

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400
 


NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."


***********************************
***********************************

No comments: