TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, April 21, 2006

My Song Published In SCOTLAND!!!

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I do not have a copy of the manuscript, but I have been notified that the lyrics to one of my original compositions, "A SON OF SCOTLAND IS GONE", has been published in the March 2006 issue of "THE SCOTTISH PATRIOT", which is the official newspaper of the Royal House of Stewart.

The URL for the Royal House of Stewart is:

http://www.royalhouseofstewart.org.uk/

The URL for "THE SCOTTISH PATRIOT" newspaper is:

http://www.thescottishpatriot.co.uk/index.htm

Although I haven't seen the article, I understand it also includes a brief description of me.

For those of you who don't already know, I wrote "A SON OF SCOTLAND IS GONE" to mark the death of the (then) Chief of Clan Henderson, Dr. John William Philp Henderson of Fordell.

His eldest son, Alistair, is now the chief of our clan.

No, I didn't receive any payment for my song.

The editor did say he would send me a copy of that issue, but he just got married, so he's been kept pretty busy.

So, for the time being, I remain an "undiscovered" amateur, living on a disability pension in the Old Soldiers' Home.

However, you can read the lyrics of "A SON OF SCOTLAND IS GONE" at the web site of the INTERNATIONAL WAR VETERANS' POETRY ARCHIVES, and the URL is:

http://club.iwvpa.net/mallerneejr/a_son_of.htm

But, what the heck - - - now, I'm a genuine Scottish bard being published in a genuine Scottish newspaper by another Scottish clan.

Shucks, I ain't never even been to Scotland, not no how!

(That last line was for the benefit of my three younger sisters, every one of them schoolmarms, and the oldest taught ENGLISH GRAMMAR!!! Heh! Heh! Heh! Ain't I a stinker?)

Ain't this neat stuff?

Why, it just fries my bacon and butters my grits!

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

"My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: