TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Suggestion For Border Security

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Do you ever watch the "ANIMAL PLANET" cable television channel?

They have lots of documentaries about folks who provide shelter and rehabilitation for exotic pets which have been abandoned or abused, and many of those animals can never be returned to their native habitat.

What if we made the United States side of the Mexican and Canadian borders a wildlife refuge for abandoned or abused exotic pets?

We could create a fenced in hundred mile strip of land all along the Rio Grande filled with free roaming "lions and tigers and bears - - - oh my!"

I doubt very many folks would want to try to sneak through that area!

We could even make it a hunting preserve for the old fashioned exotic great white hunter guided safaris, which would make the area even more dangerous.

"Lions and tigers and bears - - - oh my!"

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: