TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Saturday, October 28, 2006

"BUYING YOUR KILT MADE EASY" - - - PDF

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just received an e-mail from Dr. Nicholas J. Fiddes, Governor of Scottish Tartans Authority, and founder of Scotweb.

The URL for SCOTTISH TARTANS AUTHORITY is:

http://www.tartansauthority.com/web/site/home/home.asp

Oddly, Dr. Fiddes is not listed at that web site, but maybe it has to be updated or revised.

The URL for SCOTWEB is:

http://scotwebstore.com/index.html

Dr. Fiddes has published an e-book, "BUYING YOUR KILT MADE EASY", which is in PDF format, and which is FREE.

The URL for that book is:

http://www.scotweb.co.uk/nick/buyingyourkilt/

I just now printed my own copy, which is fifty-four (54) pages long.

After I started printing, I realized I could have saved paper by electing to print on BOTH sides, instead of just one side of each sheet of paper.

So, you might want to remember to do that, if you have that option available.

I have not yet read the book, although I lightly perused it as it was printing.

I also saved the URL in the "SCOT" section of my computer's "FAVORITES" folder, for future reference, and the original e-mail is stored in my "CLAN HENDERSON" e-mail folder.

Anyway, IF you're interested, this book will guide you in choosing, measuring, and purchasing a tartan kilt, with appropriate accessories.

Yes, if I can afford it, I do intend to purchase a kilt.

Due to expense, I reckon it will be the minimum outfit, rather than the full military dress uniform I had hoped to create.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: