TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My New Sword and Dirk

Lath Math, Mo Cinneadh agus Mo Chairdean:

Ciamar a tha sibh?

Is mise tha gu math, tapadh leibh!

Today, just a short while ago, United Parcel Service delivered my Scottish sword and dirk!

A fellow from downstairs came up to show me how to fit the frog onto the scabbard of the sword, and the dirk came with it's own frog already attached.

Boy, oh boy, now I just have to wait and wait and wait - - - until my kilt finally arrives in a couple of months.

If the store's prediction is correct, I'll have it in plenty of time to wear it on National Tartan Day.

Then, there'll be TWO (02) of us old soldiers wearing tartan kilts here at the Old Soldiers' Home on National Tartan Day, myself and my friend from downstairs.

So far, in addition to the sword, dirk, and frogs, I now have the uniform shirts (white long sleeve and khaki short sleeve), uniform shoes, kilt pin, cap badge, and black beret, plus my medals are mounted for wear.

So, I'm gradually putting it all together, piece by piece, and item by item.

When I finally receive my kilt, it'll also include the plaid fly, brooch, semi-formal sporran, military belt, clan buckle, Argyll coat, vest, green hose, tartan flashes, and sgian dubh, unless they ship all that stuff before they ship the kilt.

Boy, oh boy, you ought to SEE this sword!!!

It's a real beauty, a solid black basket hilt, with red lining in the handguard, and a matching black scabbard.

The dirk is really nice, too.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my Internet purchases.

Now, I'm just waiting for that kilt - - -

Oooh, it's just like waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, ain't it?

I cain't hardly stand it.

Slainte mhath!

Is Mise Le Meas,

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: