TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, February 16, 2007

For Military Veterans

Comrades-in-Arms:

I just read a very disturbing announcement on the Internet.

The original notice was very lengthy and detailed, so I won't bother copying it into this message, but merely tell you what it says.

On 17 March 2007, there will be a huge anti-war protest gathering at the Viet Nam Memorial here in Washington, D.C.

It's designed to duplicate or celebrate a similar huge war protest held in 1967.

Among the war protestors are radicals who intend on defacing the Viet Nam Memorial, and they are warning Viet Nam veterans to stay away.

However, a nationwide appeal has been launched, imploring for as many Viet Nam veterans as possible to gather at the Viet Nam Memorial and form a human shield to protect it.

*************************
NOTICE:
I hereby appeal to the administration here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington, D.C. to schedule a special bus trip for residents who wish to participate in this patriotic duty.

**************************
I'm guessing our effort will entail long hours standing in the open weather, with no logistical support.

So, we'd better take field jackets, ponchos, hats, gloves, and boots, plus canteens of water, sack lunches, and medical supplies.

I really doubt there'll be sufficient toilet facilities available, and even if there were, they'd likely be vandalized.

Here is the URL of a web site where you can obtain further details:

http://www.usvetdsp.com/feb07/eagle.htm

Yes, you may want to consider sharing this message with other war veterans, along with their kith and kin.

17 March 2007 - - - what a way to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day, huh?

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear John Robert Mallernee. I am in receipt of your e-mail referenced the protesters that are threaten to march against the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, March 17, 2007. I am a retired veteran of the Vietnam War. I served two tours in Vietnam, 1967 - 1968, 1970 - 1971. I will support you 100% , and stand shoulder - shoulder with you and others to protect what is sacred to all of us. I am also in contact with the veterans living at the Military Retirement Home, Washington, D.C. They have also voiced their concerns about this up coming protesters march, and will be at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, joining arms with other veterans to protect the memorial. I am also hoping that the park police will be there also to lend their support. I look forward to your e-mail reply. Thank you. Bill Gordon Hitt. My e-mail: Bh647@aol.com