TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Saturday, March 24, 2007

PHOTO OF MY NEW KILT, ET CETERA

*********************************************
*********************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Attached to this e-mail are three (03) photographs which I took with my digital camera, and it's the very first time I've actually used it.

The first photograph is of me, wearing my new kilt.














Unfortunately, I failed to make sure my jacket was on properly, so I look a little disheveled.

When I'm feeling better, maybe I'll get all dressed up again and try to take a better picture.

It's the first time I ever used a camera with a timed shutter to snap a photo of myself.

The second photograph shows display cases of my step mother's military decorations, my father's military decorations, and my own military decorations.












 



The flag is from my father's casket, and the photograph is of him at an orphanage in Korea.

The sword is an antique I obtained in Israel.

Next to it is a punji stake from a booby trap in Viet Nam, which I obtained while on a patrol.

The paper beneath the punji stake is my official War Trophy Registration/Authorization.

Above the punji stake is a framed diploma from the Senior NCO Military Police Supervisor course at Fort Eustis, Commonwealth of Virginia.

Below the war trophy certificate is a photograph of the Viet Nam Memorial in Salt Lake City, Utah.

I was on the committee that financed, designed, and built that memorial.

The third photograph is of my television and computer.












 



You'll notice I'm running the S.E.T.I. screensaver on my computer.

That's the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence.

For the Internet discussion groups whose e-mail settings won't permit viewing of these photographs, I will post these photographs separately in your group photo albums at your web site.

I do not yet know if my blog will accept these photographs, but I'm about to find out.

Thank you. 
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

*********************************************
*********************************************

No comments: