TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, May 13, 2007

LASAIRFHIONA NI CHONAOLA

**************************************
**************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

If you enjoy hearing a colleen from the misty isles singing traditional folk songs in her native Gaelic language, then I recommend Lasairfhiona Ni Chonaola.

At her "MY SPACE" profile, you can listen to four (04) of her songs.

Of the four (04) songs presented, my favorite is "BEAN DUBH AN GHLEANNA" (i.e., "DARK HAIRED WOMAN OF THE GLEN").

I just purchased both of her albums, and I reckon I'll receive them in another week or so.

I did learn one thing, which I'll pass on to you.

I purchased one (01) of the albums at the AMAZON web site, and it was unusually expensive.

Then, I found out I could have purchased the same album for far less at the CD BABY web site.

When viewing photographs of Lasairfhiona Ni Chonaola, you'll agree she looks just as pretty as she sounds.



To see a larger version of the photographs, just click on each one.

She was born and raised in Inisheer, Aran Islands, County Galway, Ireland.

Translated into English, her name is "Flame of Wine", and is pronounced "Lah-Sah-Ree-Nah".

Anyway, I just felt I should share this with you.
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan." 

**************************************
**************************************

No comments: