TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Communicating With Distant Worlds?

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Do you have a blog?

For those who don't know what a blog is, it's computer Internet slang for "web log", or a personal journal being stored on the Internet.

Anyway, if you have an Internet blog, you can now have your recorded thoughts and opinions transmitted into Deep Space.

I registered for it, and now have the BLOG IN SPACE site badge prominently posted on my blog.


What good does it do?

Who knows?

Maybe it's all useless and utterly futile.

But, what if - - - ?

After all, back in 1977, an intelligent signal from somewhere in Deep Space was detected at Ohio State University.

The famous "Wow!" signal lasted a little over a minute, but has never been detected again.


So, maybe it's somehow possible for eventual two-way communication between our planet and some other far distant world.


I also use my personal computer as a volunteer in the
Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (i.e., "S.E.T.I."), analyzing data collected from Deep Space to see if maybe yet another intelligent signal from an alien source can be located.

Ain't this just the coolest stuff?

If you are interested in creating your own personal journal on the Internet, I got mine at Blogger
.

Nifty, huh?

Have fun, y'all!

Thank you.


John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: