TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Military Computer Game - - - Cannon Challenge

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Play the CANNON CHALLENGE game on your computer!

I've been playing it, and it is fun!

They give you multiple targets, in varying environments, which requires coordinating the elevation of the barrel on your self-propelled gun, and adjusting the charge on your shell's propellant.

Nifty, huh?

And, it's FREE!!!

I found this at the Military Channel web site.

At their web site, I noticed that if you click on INTERACTIVES, there are other games to play and puzzles to solve.

Ain't that neat?

I watch the Military Channel on Channel 112, which is part of the Comcast Cable Television digital channel line-up, which costs extra.

I think that here at the Soldiers' Home, we ought to be getting the Military Channel and the Pentagon Channel as part of our regular cable television, and not have to pay extra.

Why doesn't the administration here at the Soldiers' Home do something about that?

Yesterday, I went to our clinic and got shot in the arm!

But, it's okay - - - , it's just a flesh wound.

Have you gotten your flu shot yet?

I saw a reminder on the Internet that the national chain of GOLDEN CORRAL restaurants will be serving a free meal to military veterans on Veterans Day, something they do annually.

Well, I'm not certain, but rumor has it that on Veteran's Day, us guys living here at the Soldiers' Home will be getting a free meal in our mess hall!

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John, FYI, the Golden Corral does provide the free meal to Veterans the first Monday after Veterans Day. We have it on the Recreation calendar for Nov 12th. If you would like to go, the sign up begins on Tues, November 6th.

Laura