TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Recent Photos, Free Phone, and Child Tragedy

Elder Lewis (from Singapore), Brother J. Simmons Armstrong, myself, Elder Wilkes (from Afton, Wyoming), and Elder Gurney (from Kaysville, Utah).

Elders Lewis, Gurney, and Wilkes, with myself.

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Here are two (02) photographs taken of me this past Sunday evening at the Washington, D.C. Temple Visitor's Center.

(If you click on those pictures, they get bigger.)

Those were the Latter-day Saint missionaries who were my guests at our monthly grilled steak supper served in the Soldiers' Home mess hall.

The next day, they were my guests at the special dinner served on Saint Patrick's Day in our mess hall.

I wished I'd thought to have someone photograph us at that time, for I'd dressed up in my kilt, put on all my medals, and was looking especially sharp!

Yes, I proudly wear the tartan of a SCOTTISH clan, but like almost every other native American, my ancestors came from many lands, including Ireland.

After chow, we went to my room, where I sang them THE PRETTY IRISH GIRL (there's THREE verses - - - this Internet version only shows two, but I sing all three), from the Walt Disney movie, DARBY O'GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE.

The Mormon missionaries are very young, and have never heard of that beloved movie.

I also sang the ballad, GRACE, for them, a true story about tragic love during the fight for Irish freedom.

Then, because I'd been joking with them about the movie, HIGH NOON, which none of them had ever seen (because they're so young), I sang the song from that movie, DO NOT FORSAKE ME, OH MY DARLING.

Following that, we watched the latest recording of MUSIC AND THE SPOKEN WORD.

Now, if any of you ever wish to call me on the telephone, you can do so free of charge.

You go to my blog, and click on that big blue button.

They'll then dial your telephone, and connect you to me.

This is a brand new feature, and hasn't yet been used (by me).

Of course, if you're using your telephone line for your computer, then you've got a problem.

Maybe you're supposed to hang up first.

I'm not sure how that works, unless you've got an alternative telephone number to give them.

Anyway, you'd probably have to leave a message, and then I'd call you back.

I almost never answer my telephone, because I usually leave the ringer turned off.

But, I do return calls, usually within a minute or two, or as soon as I become aware of the call.

By the way, I don't know if you folks ever look at my blog, but I'm constantly adding new stuff there, or updating old stuff.

For instance, every day, I post the latest Pentagon information videos from Iraq and Afghanistan, and right this minute, as I'm typing this, there's a brand new Amber Alert of a child kidnapped at gunpoint by a masked felon.

Oops!

Here's the very latest on that Amber Alert, and unfortunately, the news is very sad.
It was cancelled.

The child was found dead.

Well, anyway, you can also embed the Amber Alert ticker onto either your preferred web site, or directly onto your computer screen.

Maybe, we can save the next one.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: