TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY ! ! !

Yes, I'm being sarcastic - - - VERY sarcastic!

I consider it an insulting aberration what our politicians, bureaucrats, and public media agencies are currently doing to pervert and distort our traditional Memorial Day.

Today, Friday 30 May 2008, is actually my sister's birthday, but it's also when I choose to observe Memorial Day.

I just ignore the mandated Monday federal holiday.

To me, Memorial Day is supposed to be ONLY on the Thirtieth of May, and not any other date.

Memorial Day is a date to be solemnly observed, and not celebrated.

We should not be having parades and concerts on Memorial Day.

That is grossly inappropriate.

Memorial Day and Veterans Day are NOT synonymous.

Memorial Day is to remember and respect the military personnel who are deceased, especially those who died while in service.

Veterans Day is to honor the living veterans.

Veterans Day is appropriate for parades, concerts, and public celebrations.

So, today, Friday 30 May 2008, I'll observe Memorial Day by remembering my military comrades in arms who've given their lives serving our nation, while celebrating my sister's birthday.

On Tuesday 11 November 2008, I'll arrange my medals on my chest, and celebrate, by marching in a parade, and/or participating in a concert or party, as it is proper for us living military veterans to celebrate on Veterans Day.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: