TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, May 04, 2008

MILK AND PEPSI?

********************************
********************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Do you remember the television series HAPPY DAYS and LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY?

Do you remember what Laverne and Shirley's favorite drink was?

It was milk and Pepsi.

I just now mixed some Lactaid milk and caffeine free Pepsi Cola in my souvenir 101st Airborne Division mug.

Hmmm - - - it tasted okay.

But, to be sure, I'll have to try some more samples.

Maybe I should mix regular whole milk and regular Pepsi Cola?

Why were Laverne and Shirley hooked on milk and Pepsi?

Unfortunately, the television show neglected to indicate exactly how much Pepsi should be mixed with how much milk.

Also, in my initial experiment, I merely poured the two drinks together, but didn't stir them up.

Maybe I should mix them together with a spoon?

So, what are your thoughts or suggestions about drinking a blend of milk and Pepsi Cola?

How much milk should be mixed with how much Pepsi Cola?

What did you think about the television series, HAPPY DAYS and LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY?

I don't know why, but I always enjoyed deliberately mispronouncing it as, "Lah-Voyne and Shoy-lee", which is odd, since the show takes place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and not in Brooklyn, New York.

I thought the two shows were really good when they first began.

But, LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY was ruined when they changed the location from Milwaukee to Los Angeles.

In fact, as the actors visibly aged, and the writers ran out of original ideas, the quality of both shows rapidly deteriorated, and the whole thing became so ridiculous, that I stopped watching anything but reruns of earlier episodes.

I hated watching the characters of Ciachi and Joanie, but I really enjoyed the character, Leather Tuscadero.

The characters on LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY remind me of a couple of gals I knew back in Portland, Oregon, who shared an apartment, and us crazy guys who were their ardent suitors, when I was twenty-one years old.

Did you know people like that?

Were you like that when you were young?

Did you, or do you, have a "Boo Boo Kitty" like Laverne and Shirley?

Many years ago, a girlfriend gave me a teddy bear for Christmas, whom I named, "Theodore Edward Bair", and wrote a song about.

But, eventually, he was decapitated when the stitches in his neck disintegrated.

I now have a little stuffed Koala (made in China) that a friend in Australia sent me.

Well, it's time for me to go get some chow in our mess hall.

I hope there's still some of that sinfully delicious chocolate layer cake left over from yesterday.

Mmmmm, boy!!!

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

********************************
********************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milk in Pepsi.. I drank it all the time as a kid. My mom called it Mip. Sometimes we mixed it with other pops instead, as my mom preferred Coke. It's delicious, like a melted float.