TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Computer Award - - - For ME!!!

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just now received an e-mail notifying me that I have been selected as the "USER OF THE DAY" at the Climate Prediction web site.

I volunteer to use my computer as part of an International scientific research network analyzing data for several projects, one of which is Climate Prediction.

Other scientific research projects my computer participates in are the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (i.e., "S.E.T.I."), Nutricious Rice for the World, Help Conquer Cancer, and cryptanalysis research.

No, I don't actually do any of this stuff.

I ain't that smart.

My computer does it all, along with a whole bunch of other similar volunteers around the globe simultaneously using their computers, coordinated by the Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (i.e., "B.O.I.N.C."), a department of the University of California Berkeley.

Operating B.O.I.N.C. research programs takes up very little memory, so it runs in the background on my computer twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, allowing me to still do everything else I want to do on my computer (which is a LOT of stuff! - - - i.e., solving puzzles, playing games, reading news, watching Internet broadcasts, writing articles, doing genealogy, chatting, listening to radio, learning songs, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera).

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite notebook with less than a one hundred gigabyte capacity hard drive, using a Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition operating platform.

So, why don't you join with me, and volunteer YOUR computer?

It's all very easy, and you can enjoy the satisfaction of helping science discover some critically important answers for all of mankind.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: