TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, January 12, 2009

Photo of LDS Missionaries

Brothers and Sisters:

Attached to this e-mail is a photograph, in JPEG format, of Elder Montoya, from Hermosillo, Mexico, and Elder Frizzell, from Murrieta, California, missionaries in The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, visiting me in my room here at the Ol' Soldiers' Home on Monday 12 January 2009.

Be sure and click on the photograph to view it full sized.

I had ordered plenty of pizza and chicken from Domino's, plus I had bottles of ice cold root beer in my refrigerator.

However, the two missionaries had just come from a zone meeting, where they'd already been fed, so they weren't that interested in food and drink.

We watched a Church movie, THE TESTAMENTS OF ONE FOLD AND ONE SHEPHERD, and then it was time for them to go, as they had a proselyting appointment to keep.

With so much pizza and chicken left over, I decided to keep one pizza and one box of chicken for myself, and let the missionaries take the rest home with them.

Because there was so much pizza and chicken, and because they were using bicycles, I offered to take them home in my pickup truck, which they accepted.

They reside in The Cloisters apartment complex, just a block or two West of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, on the campus of Catholic University of America.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: