TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Movie Critique: "MARTIAN CHILD"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just now finished watching the Hollywood movie, MARTIAN CHILD, starring John Cusack, recorded on the digital video recorder furnished by my cable television company.

Did I somehow get tricked into enjoying a "chick flick"?

The movie is about a couple of guys, one of them an adult, and the other, a wee laddie.

There's a lot of discussion about Outer Space, plus a little baseball, and there's a dog.

But, this isn't your typical "guy" movie.

There's no gory violence, or edge of your seat suspense.

I reckon it might be a family movie, since it is all about young'uns.

I do NOT agree with, or approve of, the movie's Hollywood propaganda message that it's okay for a single guy to adopt a boy.

Other than that objection, it is a great movie, filled with imagination and pathos, and I reckon it'll have gals in tears.

I don't remember ever hearing any profanity in the dialogue.

So, I'll recommend this for families, with the caveat that BOTH Mama and Daddy should watch the movie WITH their children.

Never leave children to watch movies or television by themselves, especially in today's perverted environment of political correctness and continuous social conditioning.

All in all, I reckon it's a pretty good film, even for a guy.

Listening to the background music makes one think the British Invasion of the 'Sixties might be returning.

If you're old enough to remember the television series, WKRP IN CINCINNATI, then be sure to look for Doctor Johnny Fever in this movie.

"BOOGER!"

Pass the popcorn, please.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: