TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, February 23, 2009

MOVIE CRITIQUE: "TAKING CHANCE"

*************************************
*************************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Today Monday is 23 February 2009, and I just now finished watching a high definition version of a Home Box Office movie, TAKING CHANCE, starring Kevin Bacon, on my cable television's digital video recorder.

This is a GREAT war movie!


It's a true story of a United States Marine killed in Iraq, and of how folks react as his body is returned to his boyhood home in Wyoming.

There's no disgusting Marxist propaganda denouncing America or apologizing for the war.

There's no sex, nudity, violence, gore, or profanity.

I think there was one (01) bad word in the entire movie.

(I got an e-mail suggesting we substitute "Pelosi" for that word!)

The entire family can safely snuggle up on the big comfy couch and watch this movie together.

It is entirely possible that there might be some tears shed, depending on how compassionate or proud folks might feel.

Yes, I very highly recommend this movie, and I assume it will be offered for sale on DVD - - - somewhere!

Pass the popcorn, please.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

*************************************
*************************************

No comments: