TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dreams Within Dreams?

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Have you ever been fast asleep, and dreaming that you were asleep and dreaming?

I've been asleep all day long, and just woke up a little while ago.

Once again, while I was asleep, I dreamed I went to sleep and was dreaming.

In other words, it was a dream within a dream.

Have you ever had that experience?

It's kind of wierd, for even after waking up completely, the separation between reality and the imagination can sometimes appear somewhat blurry, as my scrambled brain attempts to sort everything out.

But, one of the best songs I ever composed was given to me when I was asleep and dreaming that I was asleep and dreaming.

That's why I named that song, "FROM A DREAM".

The reason I say the song was "given to me" is because I'm just not smart enough to be able to compose music and lyrics that are that good.

So, I suspect I'm being inspired by the spirit of an unknown deceased songwriter who wants his material to live on.

Do you think there could be anything to that theory?

Are there other creative people who think they're being inspired by the spirit of someone who's deceased?

Anyway, I'm feeling a little bit dizzy, so maybe I'll go back to bed.

I wish I could sleep through the night, so I could stay awake during the day.

Lately, I've been staying up all night long, and sleeping throughout the daylight, and thus, haven't been able to accomplish much.

So, if I can stay asleep for the rest of the night, maybe I can break that cycle, and be able to start practicing my music, along with all the other projects I need to work on that I've been neglecting.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: