TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

E-Mail Fraud

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Once again, e-mails have been sent from my Yahoo! e-mail account without my knowledge, participation, or consent.

First, I will NOT send you an e-mail offering to sell something.

If you get such an e-mail from me, just delete it and don't even open it.

Whatever you do, please do NOT go to any web site that's referred to in that e-mail, for that's how Internet viruses are spread.

Second, if I send you an e-mail, it will always include my custom signature block (see below).

Note that the fraudulent e-mails are rife with misspelled words and poor grammar, a classic indication of an Internet hoax, or computer virus, possibly originating in a foreign country, perhaps China or Russia.

As you may note, I'm a native American, and rather meticulous with my spelling and grammar.

This same perpetrator has also sent identical messages to my blog, but I have thus far prevented all attempts at hacking into it.

I have copied the URL code from the e-mail's Properties, and submitted a report of FRAUD to Yahoo! Abuse.

My computer virus program, McAfee, is kept updated, so I don't think the problem's in my computer.

The McAfee program is included with my Comcast cable television company's high speed Internet connection.

I think this problem is limited to just my Yahoo! e-mail account.

However, I haven't yet checked my other e-mail accounts, since I never use them.

I apologize for any unwarranted inconvenience.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: