TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, March 15, 2009

NASA STS-119 Mission Launch

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

As I type this message, I'm using my computer to watch the preparations for the launch of NASA Space Shuttle Mission STS-119.

You can watch this live television broadcast at the NASA-TV web site.

You can also download a copy of the STS-119 Mission Schedule, in either PDF format (which I chose), or XLS format.

You have a choice of which method you want to use to watch the NASA-TV broadcast.

As for my own preference, I selected my computer system's Windows Media Player, and zoomed to full-screen.

Barring any unforeseen glitches, the space shuttle, DISCOVERY, is currently scheduled to take off at 1943 Hours, Eastern Time (i.e., 7:43 PM), on Sunday 15 March 2009, from the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral, Florida.

I reckon I'll strum my guitar and practice singing some old songs while I'm sitting here watching the program.

In the past, I've tried and tried to get the administrative staff here at the Old Soldiers' Home to put these NASA-TV broadcasts on the Soldiers' Home's own Comcast Cable Television Channel 99, so all of the residents can enjoy watching the space missions, but they just ignore my suggestions and comments, and furthermore, they aren't even courteous enough to make a response.

Mox nix.

If you want to gather 'round the young'uns, this would be a nice family activity.

So, pile up on the big comfy couch, and send out for pizza.

The Jedi knights of the Old Republic ride again (except THIS stuff is really happening)!!!

Pass the popcorn, please.

Ain't this the neatest thing?

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: