TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, June 21, 2013

"SPRING LAKE, NORTH CAROLINA"

*********************************
*********************************
 For the best effect, please be sure and enjoy watching, in "FULL SCREEN" mode, my homemade amateur video recording of ME (!) performing my original composition, "SPRING LAKE, NORTH CAROLINA".



"SPRING LAKE, NORTH CAROLINA"

Words and Music by:
JOHN ROBERT "SAIGON" MALLERNEE
Wednesday 13 May 1992 


VERSE # 1:
I grew up in
Spring Lake, North Carolina,
A little Army town
Outside Fort Bragg.
A sergeant was my Dad
When I was just a lad
With all the other children
Playing tag.
In the woods
Around our home,
I always loved to roam;
Picked blackberries for
My Mama's cobbler pie.
Played soldier
With my pals;
Threw pine cones
At the gals.
I never thought those
Happy times would die. 


VERSE # 2:
I went back to
Spring Lake, North Carolina
To see how big
The little town had grown.
There's pollution
And there's crime
As a consequence of time.
Nothing stays
When changing winds
Have blown.
The woods have
All been paved.
The good times
Were not saved.
There's buildings
And there's garbage
All around
The Starlite Drive-in's gone,
T'weren't nothing left alone.
Mama's dead
And buried in the ground. 


REPEAT FIRST VERSE

CONCLUDE:
I never thought those
Happy times would die.


*********************************
*********************************

No comments: