TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, February 28, 2010

TELEGRAM FROM HO CHI MINH

***************************************
***************************************
For a larger view, please click on the picture.


This document, a telegram dated Thursday 28 February 1946, from Ho Chi Minh, President of the Democratic Republic of Viet Nam to Harry S. Truman, the President of the United States of America, is in the National Archives.

This sort of thing sure makes me wonder if that war was totally unnecessary?

If that war was unnecessary, then how many other wars has our country been engaged in which were also unnecessary?

What of my own responsibility?

After all, I volunteered to serve in the old Republic of Viet Nam!

When I squeezed the trigger on that M-60 machine gun, I was actually trying to kill enemy soldiers, and (at that time) with no remorse.

***************************************
***************************************

No comments: