TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

JAPANESE DISASTER SLIDESHOW AND VIDEOS

Be sure to watch the slide show and video playlist in "FULL SCREEN" mode.





The photographs of the disaster in Japan were obtained from the web site of the DAILY MAIL newspaper in London, England, whose generosity in freely sharing them with the general public is greatly appreciated.

The videos in the playlist were posted on the YOU TUBE web site by various contributors.

When I was a small boy, we lived in Ashiya, on Japan's southernmost island of Kyushu, where my father was an Army sergeant stationed on Ashiya Air Force Base, and I completed the second grade at the base school.

As a soldier in the United States Army, I enjoyed a week of R&R leave away from the war in Viet Nam visiting Japan, where I saw the sights at EXPO 70, as I toured Osaka, Kamakura, Enoshima, Tokyo, and Yokohama.

Also, when flying to and from the United States of America and Viet Nam or Korea, our chartered military flights would always stop at Yokota Air Force Base, Japan to refuel.

FLIGHT FROM ASHIYA and SAYONARA are two of my favorite movies.

No comments: