TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Saturday, August 27, 2011

SUBMISSION FOR PUBLICATION IN "AN CANACH"

***********************
***********************

The KILTED CAR WASH, held on Saturday 27 August 2011 in the shopping center parking lot at the corner of Pass Road and Beauvoir Road in Biloxi, Mississippi, was a fundraising effort by the Highlands and Islands Organization, to help finance the annual Highlands and Islands Scottish Games and Celtic Music Festival, to be held at the Harrison County Fairgrounds in Gulfport, Mississippi on Saturday 12 November 2011 and Sunday 13 November 2011.




Also, the FACEBOOK social networking web site was used as a means of communicating and organizing the "Kilted Car Wash".

Yes, I wore my own kilt, and even took my guitar and sang a few songs, "BOTH SIDES THE TWEED", "ANNIE LAURIE", "GRACE", "MY OWN NATIVE LAND", "CITY OF NEW ORLEANS", "TAMMY", and "COLORADO TRAIL".

The kids were especially intrigued that "GRACE" was a true story, and they were very interested in the fact that the gun battle took place in the post office!

I also helped out a little bit by standing out by the street, holding up a sign advertising the Kilted Car Wash.

Naturally, my own pickup truck got washed, and I did my small part to try and help them out financially.

Two or three folks drove up just to make a financial contribution, without getting a car wash.

Maybe this "KILTED CAR WASH" fundraiser is something our clan might want to consider in the future?

Thirty

Offical Bard of Clan Henderson
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."

No comments: