TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, June 25, 2012

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

*******************************************
******************************************* 

For the best effect, please be sure and watch this ABC NEWS NIGHTLINE television report in "FULL SCREEN" mode.


I've been reading comments responding to the conviction of Jerry Sandusky, and they almost unanimously are actually cheering and hoping that Jerry Sandusky will get raped in prison.

In the past, I've also seen similar comments posted in response to reports of other heinous criminal activity.

There's no possible way to mitigate or condone anything that Jerry Sandusky (or other heinous violent serial criminals) did.

But, there's an old saying, "Be careful what you wish for. You might get it."

Those who HOPE any man will become the victim of homosexual rape are no different than the men of Sodom, who stood outside Lot's house, demanding he send forth his two guests, in order that they might be subjected to homosexual gang rape.

The details of Sodom can be read in our Holy Bible, in the Nineteenth Chapter of the Book of Genesis.

Thus, we KNOW what the Lord, our God Almighty, thinks about THAT!

Those who idly HOPE for any man to be subjected to homosexual rape have no idea of the full implications of what they're prattling about.

Men who have been victims of homosexual rape, if they are not too embarrassed, can relate the terrible PERMANENT damage done to their psyche, and what a lonely and severe struggle it is to overcome the effects.

I know.

It happened to me when I was a boy.

To this day, I still struggle with it.

I have been to several colleges and universities, but never earned a degree.

I have had several really good jobs, as a soldier, police officer, and firefighter, but never remained employed with any of those agencies long enough to retire from any career.

Fortunately, a few significant things in my life have helped to restore my masculine self image and self respect, or else, my situation would have been a LOT worse.

The most positive influences in my life, the greatest opportunities, were my conversion and baptism into The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, my induction into the United States Army, my nine years of marriage to a beautiful woman, and learning of my ancestral heritage, and culture.

Now, I'm old, alone, permanently retired for disability, and currently residing rather comfortably in the Armed Forces Retirement Home.

So, I'm okay - - - , sort of. 

But, folks, let's not be so eager to align ourselves with the men of Sodom. 

Let us stop and THINK about what we post on the Internet in response to these heinous crimes, and the impact of our careless words.

If you can believe it, I even had a "friend" wonder aloud why I hadn't committed suicide?

In all too many cases, this is how socio-psychopathic serial murderers are created.

I'm so grateful that I didn't wind up like that, when I so easily could have. 

Indeed, let's consider the multitude of guys out there who were NOT as fortunately blessed as I was.

Those men and/or boys need to be reassured that they CAN overcome the debilitating emotional and psychological effects of their personal trauma, and that, even though bad things do occasionally happen to good people, life still goes on, as our World continues to rotate.

Just because they were sodomized or victimized by predatory homosexuals does NOT mean they, themselves, are homosexual.

As followers of Jesus Christ, if we would truly be our "brother's keeper", maybe we should be asking ourselves, where are those fellows today, what have their lives been like, and how can we help them?

*******************************************
*******************************************

No comments: