TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, June 17, 2012

FATHER'S DAY THOUGHTS

*************************************
*************************************

********* WARNING ! ! ! *********

This dangerously illegal and immoral subversive underground resistance message is being surreptitiously monitored by the Beaming Internet Government Broadband Radio Oscillation Telecommunications Hearing Electronic Reconnaissance (i.e., B.I.G. B.R.O.T.H.E.R.) as part of a coordinated official clandestine domestic surveillance investigation, in cooperation with the National Administration of Zealous Interrogation (i.e., N.A.Z.I.) and the Commission On Message Monitoring Investigative Electronics (i.e., C.O.M.M.I.E.).

Serious felony criminal charges are pending, with extreme penalties yet to be determined!

****************************

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Due to the great amount of medication I took for the acute pain I was in, I've been sacked out and just now woke up.

Tomorrow, our clinic will check my blood, and maybe in the next day or so, I'll force myself to go see my doctor at the local Department of Veterans Affairs hospital, the VA Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System, in Biloxi, Mississippi.

It's funny isn't it, how when we are young, we never think about what life will be like when we are old?

Furthermore, when we are young, it never occurs to us that being old is PAINFUL, and that vital parts of our body suddenly stop working, and/or cause us public embarrassment.

Ah, but with these physical problems, it's a good thing I'm retired, huh?

Mox nix.

(Yes, I once was an American G.I. stationed in Germany.)

Well, today is Father's Day, and so, I'm doing a bit of thinking about that.

Bonnie and I never could have children, which left both of us devastated and heart broken, and certainly was a factor leading to our divorce.

If I were in Spring Lake, North Carolina, I'd probably go visit Daddy's grave at Riverview Memorial Gardens, put a new American flag on his grave, put flowers on Mama's grave, strum my guitar, and sing a few songs for them.

Once, while visiting, I remember how pleasantly surprised I was to see Daddy listening to a cassette tape of me singing some of my original compositions.

He told me my stuff was as good, or better, than the stuff he heard on the radio.

He told me his favorite song that I wrote was, "WHILE THE WILD WIND'S CALLING".

If I were in Decatur, Illinois, I'd MAYBE go visit my biological father's grave.

If so, I'd certainly put a new American flag on his grave, and I MIGHT strum my guitar and sing a few songs for him, to give him an idea of what he missed by deserting us and not being there to see me and my siblings grow up.

Of course, since today is Father's Day, we certainly ought to go to our knees in solemn prayer and gratefully acknowledge our Heavenly Father, as He is the Father of everybody.

Jesus, who is the Christ, tells us that Satan is the "father of lies".

George Washington is referred to as the "father of our Country".

Those courageous heroes who valiantly dared to write and/or sign the Declaration of Independence and/or our divinely inspired Constitution of the United States of America are forever fondly remembered as our nation's "founding fathers".

According to President Abraham Lincoln (on the fall of Vicksburg), the mighty Mississippi River is the "Father of Waters".

Germany is (or was?) known as "the fatherland".

We refer to the passage of years as, "Father Time".

North Carolina has a Grandfather Mountain, where the Scottish clans gather each year for the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games.

Does anyone remember singing the song, "MY GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK", away back when we were young'uns?

I hope all you proud papas out there are enjoying a grrrr-REAT Father's Day, surrounded by a clamoring horde of adoring (and adorable) young'uns, showering you with gifts that you probably paid for!

May each of you gracefully age with many wonderful memories.

Thank you.


Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home

NOTE:  "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."

___________________________
___________________________





"WHILE THE WILD WIND'S CALLING"

Words and Music by:
JOHN ROBERT MALLERNEE


VERSE # 1:
I'm a lonesome, restless, wandering soul,
Wild from the day I was born.
I'll never be tamed and I'll never be bound.
My freedom will never be shorn.

CHORUS:
So, onward I go through the stormy night,
Like a ship that's tossed out at sea.
Though the way be long, still I have to roam
While the wild wind's calling to me.
While the wild wind's calling to me.

VERSE # 2:
My heart does ache and my misty eyes burn
As I ride towards the edge of the sky;
'Cross rolling rivers and vast burning plains,
O'er snowcapped mountains so high.

VERSE # 3:
I'm a soldier of fortune and singer of songs.
And feel so lost in this place.
My destiny's calling from over the clouds.
God will soon shine on my face.

VERSE # 4:
My spirit is yearning as ever I quest.
Still, there's no answer in sight.
So, I'll keep searching and forevermore
Wander through Heaven's delight.

***************************************
***************************************

No comments: