TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

THE MOON AND MY MAGIC NUMBER

*************************************************
*************************************************
 


*************** WARNING ! ! ! *************** 

This dangerously illegal and highly immoral subversive underground resistance message is being surreptitiously monitored by the Beaming Internet Government Broadband Radio Oscillation Telecommunications Hearing Electronics Reconnaissance (i.e., "B.I.G. B.R.O.T.H.E.R.") as part of a coordinated clandestine domestic surveillance investigation, in cooperation with the National Administration of Zealous Interrogation (i.e., "N.A.Z.I.") and the Commission on Message Monitoring Investigative Electronics (i.e., "C.O.M.M.I.E.").

Serious felony criminal charges are pending, with extreme penalties yet to be determined! 

*************************************************

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I reckon some of you folks might get tired of seeing me write about this same ol' thing, over and over and over and over and - - - ?

After all, it's only a very minor event, right?

It happens over and over again, all the time.

Why, it's not even noticeable, and certainly not worth remarking on and/or making any undue fuss over.

Ah, but I just can't help it!

I am continually overwhelmed by the sheer beauty and magnificence of the view.

A few minutes ago, here in my sumptuously furnished private quarters on the Seventh Floor of Tower "C" at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi, I turned off my television set and stepped out onto my balcony.

Frankly, I was awe struck by the picturesque scenic beauty of the (nearly) full moon high over the Gulf of Mexico, with its light reflected off the surface of the water.

Yes, I know that I've said this same thing over and over.

But, I never tire of seeing it, or of telling everybody in the whole wide World all about it.

I only regret that YOU, and everybody else, including everyone in the whole wide World, can't be here to see what I see, as I'm seeing it.

Boy, am I blessed!

Just think - - - ,

What if I were BLIND, and could never see that full moon reflecting off the surface of the water?

What if I should die tomorrow?

No matter, I saw that moon this night.

Sooner or later, we all have to go.

So, let's appreciate the beauty of the moment, for who knows if we'll get another opportunity?

When I sat down at my computer to type this message, the computer's clock said "01:01". 

"101" is MY magic number!

That's because, as a young soldier in the United States Army, I served in the 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles" during the war in the old Republic of Viet Nam.

Yeah, maybe it seems a bit of silly childishness to all the "normal" people in this World, but it's my own thing, having "101" as my magic number. 

Well, I can feel the side effects of my medication starting to wallop me, so I reckon I'll quit now.

But, if'n you're awake, run outside and look at that there moon, away off yonder.

If'n you're a guy, it's okay if you want to bay at it, for I reckon most of us guys, and quite a few hounds, wolves, and coyotes frequently enjoy doing that.

I ain't never seen no females doing that, so I reckon it's a "guy" thing, huh?

Boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I'm sure glad I got to see that there moon.

Oh, and by the way, how DO you describe the beauty of the full moon to someone who has been blind from birth, and thus, has never experienced the vision?

Thank you. 

John Robert Mallernee
Armed Forces Retirement Home 
1800 Beach Drive, Unit 311 
Gulfport, Mississippi  39507

*************************************************
*************************************************

No comments: