TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Friend, The Hero














Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

A dear friend of mine, Anthony Pahl, in Australia, has just received a very distinguished award, the ORDER OF AUSTRALIA.

Established by Queen Elizabeth II, the list of recipients is brief, thus denoting the auspiciousness of this honor.

Here is the web site URL where you can view the award and read about my Australian friend:

http://iwvpa.net/awards/pahl_oam.htm

He created and operates the INTERNATIONAL WAR VETERANS' POETRY ARCHIVES, and has published much of my own material, in both combat and non-combat categories.

Last year, he visited me here at the Soldiers' Home, residing in one of our guest rooms, and meeting with numerous of the residents.

He was a helicopter door gunner in Viet Nam.

You can peruse the IWVPA web site at this URL:

http://iwvpa.net/

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of
Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

"My personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: