TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

TCM Movie Request: "BABY BLUE MARINE"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Do you remember the movie, "BABY BLUE MARINE", starring Jan Michael Vincent?

Here is the web site URL where you can read details about that Hollywood production:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074173/

Unfortunately, this movie is NOT currently available on either DVD or VHS.

So, I've submitted a request that the TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES cable television channel air this movie.

Here is the web site URL for the TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES cable television channel:

http://turnerclassicmovies.com/index.jsp

As I am only one person, would you please assist me by ALSO going to the Turner Classic Movies web site and adding YOUR request that they air "BABY BLUE MARINE"?

I'm further hoping to persuade Turner Classic Movies to donate a copy of the film to our library here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home.

It's one of those rare Hollywood productions which are clean and suitable for Christian family viewing, as it espouses the old traditional American virtues no longer fashionable in our contemporary world.

The story is of a Marine who fails Boot Camp training, and is sent home in disgrace.

His identity is stolen by a decorated Marine hero, played by Richard Gere, who wants to avoid being returned to the South Pacific.

I like this movie because it reflects a similar episode in my own life.

I was classified "IV-F" by my draft board, and thus, my repeated attempts to enlist in the United States Marine Corps kept getting rebuffed.

But, like the movie's protagonist, I eventually entered the United States Army, serving honorably in Viet Nam, with some minor decorations.

I've told other guys here at the Old Soldiers' Home about the movie, "BABY BLUE MARINE", and I sure hope we get a chance to see it.

Please add your request to my own at the Turner Classic Movies web site.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

"My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: