TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hallelujah! It Works!!!

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

My web cam works!!!

I just now completed a face to face visit with a fellow war veteran currently residing in the Pacific Northwest.

We both served in the Phu Lam Signal Battalion, stationed in Saigon.

The web site URL is:

http://phulam.com/

At first, there was difficulty with my desktop microphone picking up feedback from my television's stereo speakers, and my web cam wasn't broadcasting.

But, he talked me through it, and eventually, everything worked the way it should.

We used the SKYPE program to communicate, which indeed, does work just like a telephone, and gives excellent video quality.

The URL for that program is:

http://www.skype.com/

I still haven't used my YAHOO! or MSN Instant Messenger programs to communicate with my web cam, so I'm not sure how they'll work.

It takes two to tango, and so far, there ain't no one but me.

Yep, it sure is just like being in each other's living room, because you can see everything, and you just talk back and forth the way you normally would - - - with NO typing.

Nifty, huh?

In e-mails, a couple of folks have expressed reservations about costs.

But web cams are CHEAP, and the Internet is FREE, so why not?

So, one of these days, give me a holler, and I'll sing you some of my songs - - - LIVE and in PERSON.

I really do need to find out if this will work out okay, i.e., me strumming my guitar and singing while using the web cam in an Instant Messenger program.

I still don't know.

So, just use your YAHOO!, MSN, or SKYPE Instant Messenger program, and look for "writesong" (that's ME, folks).

Ain't this stuff neat?

Now, we're cooking with gas!

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: