TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My New WINDOWS VISTA Installed and Running!!!

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Well, I dooed it!

I've done gone and got myself a brand spanking new Windows Vista operating platform!

Remember from my previous e-mail how I'd been warned about potential software conflicts?

Everything works, and the programs that wouldn't work were replaced by newer versions that would.

Not only that, when I reboot, I always have the option of returning to my earlier operating system, Windows XP Media Center Edition.

Yes, everything looks different.

I don't know that it's really better, but I reckon it's just a matter of getting used to a different look.

Oh, by the way, I still CAN listen to Paula Cole sing "WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE?", and I can still do the crossword and codeword puzzles.

Installing the new Windows Vista wiped out my S.E.T.I. at Home program, but I simply downloaded another one and kept right on with my Deep Space electronic data analysis.

I'm still experimenting and figuring out what I can or can't do with this new operating system.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: