TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Foxit MUCH Better Than Adobe!!!

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

The software conflicts with Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, and Windows Vista have been resolved.

I downloaded and installed the Foxit Reader and it works perfectly, reading PDF documents with Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista.

Not only that, the Foxit Reader has features that the Adobe Reader doesn't offer.

With the Foxit Reader, you can hide the toolbar and view the PDF document in full screen mode, which is exactly how I like to work.

In the Adobe Reader discussion forum, a user explained that part of the problem we've all been having is due to having upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista.

It turns out that a clean initial installation of Windows Vista, and not an upgrade, will work just fine.

Now then, for those of us who already purchased the upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista, will Microsoft offer us a solution, or will they make us pay AGAIN for a clean installation?

As a result of my own experience with Windows Vista, I'm thinking that Windows Vista is more ideal for computers with multiple users, but for a personal computer used solely by only one individual, Windows XP might be more practical.

I also think that IF someone knows what they're doing, and is not a sucker for Internet scams, that earlier versions of Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player are actually easier to use.

Personally, on my computer, I like things simple and organized.

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: