TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, March 30, 2007

Flowers of The Forest


Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Those of us with Scottish heritage refer to our deceased as "Flowers of the Forest".

I just now received an e-mail with very sad news.

My former LDS missionary companion, "Ringo", the amazing border collie and trusty star wonder dog of the Rocking G Ranch, has been put to sleep.

He had become ill and could no longer stand on his feet.

The cause of his illness is unknown.

During the two years we were serving our full time mission for the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, that puppy was my constant boon companion, and he even saved my life.

He was not my dog, but belonged to the ranch, so I haven't seen him since I completed my mission.

I reckon I'm the only Mormon missionary in the history of the Church whose mission companion was a dog.

But then, our mission was very unusual, being called to patrol and protect a genuine Western cattle ranch, in Utah's "Outlaw Trail" country.

Oh, I loved it.

Cowboy up, y'all!

Thank you.

Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: