TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Television Continuing Downhill Slide

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

When I first saw a commercial advertising the new CBS television series, KID NATION, I thought it would be a great idea, and an excellent show.

This was a show I was definitely looking forward to, and I'll bet every kid in America can't wait to see it.

In my mind, I was envisioning something along the lines of THE LITTLE RASCALS, a light hearted fictitious romp with a gang of mischievous brats living independently in a deserted ghost town.

But, I was wrong.

Unfortunately, it turns out to be just another so-called "reality" show, but with properly indoctrinated "politically correct" propaganda.

Yes, there will be constant adult supervision.

Who do you think is operating those cameras, microphones, generators, lights, sound boards, and logistical vehicles?

Who's supplying the groceries, laundry, and cleaning supplies?

Who's driving that school bus that the kids ride on?

Of course, there's adults on the scene at all times.

Therefore, the kids will say what the adults want to hear, and they had better follow the script, or else.

No, "reality" TV is never "reality", which is why I can't stand ANY so-called "reality" TV show.

How can any show be "real" when it's done in front of cameras and crew?

I'm very disappointed in the CBS television network.

They started out with a good idea, but then ruined it by taking the cheap route.

It's just more recycled government approved propaganda touting social issues.

Gosh, gee whillikers, didn't we learn anything from the mistakes made by the Nazis and the Communists?

If CBS is doing this because they can't spare enough money to air an original production, then they would do better by airing reruns from the 'Fifties or 'Sixties.

What a mediocre bummer!

Thank you.

John Robert "SAIGON" Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: