TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Movie Critique: "AUGUST RUSH"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just now finished watching a high definition recording of the movie, AUGUST RUSH, on my wide screen television.

This is a wonderfully refreshing story of a boy in search of his musician parents.

The parents are unmarried and unaware of each other's location, and they also don't know the boy is alive.

There's a lot of Oliver Twist in this tale, with Robin Williams playing the role of a modern version of Fagin.

But, it's all about the music.

The kid hears the music all around him, even though no one else can hear it, causing other kids to tease and bully him.

How well I know the feeling.

Alas, just like the boy in the movie, there's entire symphony orchestras playing perpetually in my head.

But, unlike the boy genius in this movie, I'm limited to merely composing ballads on my guitar.

Wait until you see this kid!

Yes, it's just a Hollywood movie, and the story is only fiction.

But, what a movie, and what a story!

I highly recommend this movie for any family, and as with any other movie, I always urge both Mama and Daddy to watch it together WITH their little ones.

This is a genuine feel good movie, with a tear jerking happy ending!

Pass the popcorn, please.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."