TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Movie Critique: "MR. MAGORIUM'S WONDER EMPORIUM"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just finished watching MR. MAGORIUM'S WONDER EMPORIUM, starring Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, and Jason Bateman, on cable television.

This is a good, clean movie that is safe for little children and other living things.

There's no sex, no nudity, no violence, and no profanity.

Huh?

So, if you take all that away, how can there still be a story?

It's all about a timeless magical toy store and the eccentric characters who manage it (or think they do).

But, I don't want to tell you too much about it, 'cause that'll ruin the show for folks who haven't yet seen it.

I did have one problem with it.

I like railroad trains, and they didn't show enough railroad trains!

The store had an entire room filled with all sorts of railroad trains, and we only got a brief glimpse when the door to the train room was accidentally opened for a split second.

Other than that, I highly recommend this as an excellent film for a family night, with everyone piled up on the big comfy couch, noshing on pizza.

I guarantee that young'uns will like this show, and because of that, so will Mamas and Daddys and puppy dogs and kitty cats.

Pass the popcorn, please.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: