TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Movie Critique: "NIM'S ISLAND"

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just now watched the movie, NIM'S ISLAND, in high definition, which I had recorded from the Home Box Office channel on the digital video recording chip included with my subscription to Comcast Cable Television.

Made in 2008, the movie stars Jodie Foster.

It's all about the perilous and serendipitous misadventures of a precocious little girl on an island in the South Pacific, not too far from Australia, which is why most of the cast is from Down Under.

Being a guy, I was mostly interested in watching Jodie Foster and her strategically torn skirt.

It's funny, but until John Hinckley made her famous, I never noticed her.

How can a self-proclaimed lesbian manage to still look and act feminine enough to be attractive to us guys?

Maybe she only claims to be a lesbian because it's the "in" thing to do if you wish to remain a popular Hollywood actress repeatedly starring in hit movies.

Maybe it's because I'm just a lonely old geezer living in the Old Soldiers' Home, and all I can do is daydream about the young, attractive, blonde beauties on television, such as the unattainable Jodie Foster.

Anyway, there's all sorts of critters, and all sorts of mishaps and dangers, just the thing for the little ones.

Yes, it's a movie targeted specifically at youth, but still, Mama and Daddy should watch this movie WITH their children, in order to answer questions or make appropriate commentary.

NEVER let children watch television or movies without BOTH of their parents present!

I highly recommend NIM'S ISLAND as being safe for little children and other living things.

So, gather 'round all the young'uns, pile up on the big comfy couch, and send out for some pizza, for it's family night!

Pass the popcorn, please.

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Washington, D.C. 20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: