TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Today, We CELEBRATE!!!



Clansmen:

My education in our heritage is continuing.

I'm very grateful to MIKE DUNLAP, the founder and first president of NEW WORLD CELTS, for informing me that today, 22 September, is a traditional Celtic holiday, ALBAN ELVED, also known as MABON, when the hours of daylight and the hours of darkness are exactly equal, twelve hours each in duration.

When I looked it up on the Internet, I learned that this evening, we're supposed to dress in our finest, and relax with feasting and music, as the harvest has been gathered in, and the icy Winter snows are still a couple of months away.

Yes, it's actually an ancient pagan holiday, but I welcome any excuse for a PARTY!!!

So, now I'll put this on my calendar for future reference.

Slainte mhath!

John Robert Mallernee
Official Bard of Clan Henderson
Washington, D.C.  20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions are independent of my Scottish clan."

No comments: