TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"CORYELL COUNTY"

Words and Music by:
JOHN ROBERT MALLERNEE
26 March 1975

CHORUS:
Oh, take me back to Coryell County,
To the girl, I once called mine.
I loved those times deep down in Texas
Growing up along the Sant Fe rail line.

VERSE # 1:
I yearned to go a wandering
When I was just a lad,
And so, I left behind me
The best life I have had.
I put aside my cowboy boots
To wear the Army's green,
So, I could go where I ain't gone
And see what I ain't seen.

VERSE # 2:
I used to work the rodeo
Beneath the Texas sun.
I was a champion rider
When brahma bulls would run.
Now and then, I'd kiss my girl,
Whose name I won't disclose.
She was a Texas tomboy,
But, sweet, just like a rose.

VERSE # 3:
Now, I'm in a foreign land.
I've got my boyhood dream.
But, the dream's a nightmare
When I hear the dying scream.
We're out of ammunition and
The time's run out for me.
So, I'll give a yell for Texas.
That's where I want to be.

No comments: