TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, November 20, 2009

"AU REVOIR"

Words and Music by:
JOHN ROBERT MALLERNEE

VERSE # 1:
There's a storm upon the mountain
Blowing out across the sea.
My restless soul must go out yonder.
There's a dream somewhere for me.
There's no strings to hold me back
Or make me blue.
I'm free and wild, 'cause darling Wife,
I've lost you.

VERSE # 2:
We had tried to grow together.
But we failed, and know not why.
Now, you've gone,
But that's no reason
For me to be alone and cry.
There's alcohol that I could drink
And go wrong.
But, still you're lost,
So I'll enjoy another song.

BRIDGE:
For every man, there is a lady.
For every heart, there is true love.
One day, I'll find another someone
As sure as there's a God above.

VERSE # 3:
I wonder where you are now, Darling?
I wonder if you'll be all right?
I hope you're well.
I hope you're happy.
You're in my prayers every night.
I wander on, and I'll sing without you.
Life goes on, and I won't stay sad and blue.

CONCLUDE:
I wander on, and I'll sing without you.
Life goes on, and I won't stay sad and blue.

No comments: