TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Sunday, February 21, 2010

"THE LAST FAREWELL"



Words and Music by:
ROGER WHITTAKER

VERSE # 1:
There's a ship lies rigged
And ready in the harbor.
Tomorrow, for old England,
She'll sail
Far away from your land
Of endless sunshine
To my land of
Rainy skies and gales.
And I shall be aboard
That ship tomorrow,
'Though my heart is full
Of tears at this farewell,

CHORUS:
For you are beautiful
And I have loved you dearly,
More dearly than
The spoken word can tell.

VERSE # 2:
I heard there's
A wicked war a raging,
And the taste of war,
I know so very well.
Even now, I see
The foreign flag a raising.
Their guns on fire,
As we sail into hell.
I have no fear of death;
It brings no sorrow.
But, oh, how bitter
Will be this last farewell!

VERSE # 3:
'Though death and darkness
Gather all about me
And my ship be torn
Apart upon the seas,
I shall smell again
The fragrance of these islands
In the heaving waves
That brought me once to thee.
And should I return
Safe home again to England,
I shall watch the English mist
Roll through the dell.

No comments: