TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, April 19, 2010

SECOND BATTALION, TWELFTH CAVALRY REGIMENT

Here are current photographs of my old unit, the Second Battalion of the Twelfth Cavalry Regiment "THUNDERHORSE" in the First Cavalry Division, at Fort Hood, Texas.

For a larger view, please click on the pictures.

Preparing to engage

Learning to use a Browning M2 machine gun

Checking communications

The troopers are training in preparation for their scheduled deployment to Iraq several months from now.

It was while I was in this unit, that I successfully completed my training as a cavalry scout, earning both my spurs and the infantry branch cord.

Ah, but EVERYTHING in the United States Army has changed since then!!!

The only thing in these pictures that is familiar to me is that Browning M2 .50 calibre machine gun, which my United States Army has been using since the Second World War.

These photographs were taken on Thursday 08 April 2010 by Private First Class Angel Washington, of the Fourth Brigade Combat Team Public Affairs Office.

No comments: