TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, July 12, 2010

SOMETHING I JUST NOW LEARNED ! ! !

Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

I just now learned something important, and I want to share it with everybody.

When you cough or sneeze, please do NOT cover your mouth and nose with your hand!

Shucks, it's what I've always done, because I thought that is what you were supposed to do.

Well, it ain't.

When you cough or sneeze, use the crook of your elbow, imitating the classic caricature of "Count Dracula".

When you use your hand to block a cough or sneeze, then afterwards, you spread infection by touching doorknobs, light switches, money, containers, and shaking hands with other folks.

And, here's yet ANOTHER thing I just found out!

Earlier this afternoon, I had my teeth cleaned at our dental clinic.

The gal who cleaned my teeth recommended I go buy an electric toothbrush, because brushing by hand is too abrasive and damages the tooth enamel.

Can you believe that?

I always thought electric toothbrushes were just a rather foolish and unnecessary gadget.

So, in the interests of good hygiene, you might want to share this knowledge with others.

If you should decide to share it with multiple recipients, then please be considerate of their individual privacy by selecting the "Blind Carbon Copy" (i.e., "BCC") e-mail option.

Slainte mhath!
(Pronounced as "Slawn-jah Vah", it is Gaelic for "Good health!")

Thank you.

John Robert Mallernee
Offical Bard of Clan Henderson
Washington, D.C.  20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."

No comments: