TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, October 11, 2010

"PRETTY IRISH GIRL"

***********************************
***********************************
Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

Do you folks remember the Walt Disney motion picture production, "DARBY O'GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE"?

I just now checked the statistics at my YOU TUBE account, and "PRETTY IRISH GIRL" has just become the most popular of my recordings.

At that web site, I've also included a copy of the lyrics to all THREE (03) verses, so you can sing it, too.

Ain't that something?

Well, even if, at the moment, it is my most popular song, it's still less than two thousand people that have watched the video, so no, it ain't THAT popular.

As of Monday 11 October 2010, it's only number one in MY statistics on MY personal YOU TUBE channel, JOHN ROBERT MALLERNEE.

On the other hand, you have to consider that I'm an unknown amateur, this song wasn't professionally recorded in a studio, and nobody's ever heard of me.

But, it's still a personal thrill to see one of my recordings go to the head of my YOU TUBE list, even if it wasn't a song I composed.

If things go as they normally do, the songs I've composed probably won't become popular until many decades after I'm dead and gone.

Thank you.
Offical Bard of Clan Henderson
Washington, D.C.  20011-8400

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."
__________________________



"PRETTY IRISH GIRL"

From the WALT DISNEY Movie,
"DARBY O'GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE"

VERSE # 1:
Have you ever seen the seagulls
A flying o'er the heather,
Or the crimson sails
On Galway Bay,
The fishermen unfurl?
All the Earth is filled with beauty,
And it's gathered all together
In the form and face and dainty grace
Of a pretty Irish girl.

CHORUS:
She is my dear, my darling one,
Her eyes so sparkling,
Full of fun!
No other, no other
Can match the likes of her.
She is my dear, my darling one,
My smiling and beguiling one.
I love the ground she walks upon,
My pretty Irish girl!

VERSE # 2:
Have you ever seen the morning
In Kerry or Killarney
When the dew is on the hayrick,
And every drop a pearl;
When the geese are talking Blarney,
And the thrush is singing Gaelic,
And standing in the doorway
Is a pretty Irish girl.

VERSE # 3:
When I'm parted from my Darling,
My sighs would sail a schooner,
And when I cannot reach her, sure,
My tears would turn a mill.
Since she cannot be unkind to
Any other living creature,
I think that she will marry me,
My pretty Irish girl!

***********************************
***********************************

No comments: