TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Friday, April 15, 2011

USE YOUR COMPUTER TO DISCOVER NEW PLANETS ! ! !

*************************************
*************************************


Greetings and Salutations to All my Kith and Kin and All the Ships in Outer Space:

As many of you who are personally acquainted with me already know, I've long been an advocate and participant in the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (i.e., "S.E.T.I.") program, in which private citizens like ourselves, volunteer their personal computers to analyze radio signals generated from Outer Space in the ongoing search to detect scientific proof of intelligent life on other worlds.

The famous "Wow!" signal detected on Monday 15 August 1977 at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
I just now learned about a computer program where you can volunteer your computer to assist the Kepler Telescope in searching for undiscovered planets.

And, yes, you are given credit if you do succeed in spotting a previously unknown planet on your computer screen.

Here is the URL for that web site:

On my computer, which has a Windows XP operating platform, I normally use my Internet Explorer 8 to browse the web.

However, the Planet Hunters web site doesn't work with that browser, requiring an update to Internet Explorer 9, which I can't do, because Internet Explorer 9 only works if your operating platform is Windows Vista or Windows 7.

So, I tried using my Mozilla Firefox web browser instead, and it worked perfectly!

There is a tutorial video that will instruct you on what to look for.

Good luck and good hunting!

Thank you.
Official Bard of Clan Henderson

NOTE: "My unpopular and controversial personal opinions do not represent my Scottish clan."

*************************************
*************************************

No comments: