TRANSLATE

FWT Homepage Translator

Monday, July 04, 2011

ARMED FORCES RETIREMENT HOME FIREWORKS

Here are videos I recorded of the Independence Day fireworks celebrations on the beach here at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport, Mississippi on Monday 04 July 2011, using my Kodak "Easy Share" Z710 zoom digital camera.

The final video is probably the best.



As you can see from the jerkiness in the videos, it's okay to hold the camera in my hands when using the regular lens, but obviously, I must use a tripod when using my zoom lens.

I'd been standing on that pedestrian overpass for about two (02) hours while waiting for the fireworks displays to begin.

Then, standing there and holding the camera caused some tension in my back muscles, so I couldn't stay there as long as I wanted to.

I had brought along my guitar and a canteen of water, so that after the fireworks show was over, I could relax on the grounds of the Armed Forces Retirement Home, strum my guitar, and sing.

But, evidently, I ain't as healthy and strong as I used to be, because even before the fireworks ended, I headed back to my room to call it a night.

No comments: